The flowers of the season are beginning to appear and brighten up the garden: primroses, serviceberry, Japanese quince, prunus, mimosa, and of course the inevitable yellow forsythia announcing the arrival of spring!
- In the ornamental garden, remove and store winter protection.
- Put compost at the foot of the irises and peonies.
- For the shrubs, prune all the hedges, as well as the deflowered camellia, the hibiscus, the buddleia, the wisteria... Also prune your last rosebushes.
- Treat oleanders with Bordeaux mixture to avoid bacterial blight or pseudomonia which manifests itself as black spots.
- If it is not too cold, prune the fruit trees and especially the vine.
- Tie up the twigs of trellised fruit trees.
- Wait until the risk of frost has disappeared to graft the cherry trees in slit.